Applying for Summer Research
The application process for Summer 2013 will begin in January of 2013 when a campus-wide email is sent to all students and faculty. Applications will be due on Thurs., February 14th and students will be notified in mid-March.
Students applying for summer research positions should do the following:
1. Find a faculty member who is willing to work with you on a summer research project.
2. Read the Announcement and Information (link above).
2. Prepare a Resume listing name, address, email, major, GPA, education (including relevant coursework), and other activities relevant to this application. Contact the Becker Career Center if you need help with this.
3. Prepare a Research Proposal of 2 pages or more in which you include the following information:
Overview, with citations, addressing how your proposed project relates to previous work of others.
Description of how you will carry out this research, including analysis/interpretation of your work.
Goals explaining what you hope to accomplish during the summer project.
4. Arrange for your faculty summer research advisor to send a letter of recommendation to email@example.com.
5. When all this is ready, fill out the Summer Research Application (available in mid-January) and send the Resume and Research Proposal in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directions for Faculty:
1. Send your Letter of Recommendation to email@example.com as an attachment in PDF format. A separate attachment must be provided for each student applying for summer research.
Questions about the application process should be directed to Prof. Kristin M. Fox, Director of Undergraduate Research.