Department of Athletics Statement of Goals
- Student-athletes are expected to be fully
engaged and integrated into the campus community and perform academically at a
level that mirrors the student population as a whole.
- Student-athletes, coaches and staff should
display the highest level of dedication, character, integrity and sportsmanship
on the fields of competition and in the campus community.
- Provide students the opportunity for spirited
participation, promote physical activity and the opportunity to learn the
skills of selected lifetime sports.
- Coaches, staff and administrators will provide
quality participation opportunities to student-athletes, by:
- Ensuring male and female students access to
equitable opportunities in intercollegiate athletics, relative to the
demographics and interests of the student body
- Recruiting student-athletes of color and those
from less-represented geographic areas to campus, in order to diversify the
athletics department and Union College
- Creating an environment of tolerance, acceptance
and inclusion when working with students and fellow staff Encourage student-athletes to be engaged and innovative
in rewarding community service initiatives locally, nationally and globally