International Programs Learning Outcomes
Goals for global education
To achieve a sense of global
connectedness in our scholarly community, we will work toward the following
goals for providing opportunities:
· Increase the range of opportunities for students studying abroad.
· Provide a meaningful and rigorous academic experience abroad.
· Increase the extent to which study abroad for Union students is linked to their academic work.
· Foster a greater understanding and appreciation of other cultures and promote awareness of cultural diversity and sensitivity to cultural differences among the Union community.
· Promote a global perspective in the curriculum.
· Increase the number of faculty with global experiences.
· Increase the presence of international students on campus and be sure that those students are integrated into the campus community.
International Programs Student Learning Outcomes
who participate in an international program will significantly increase their:
· Language proficiency (where applicable).
· Understanding of the host culture, of cultural differences in general, and of the world as a linked global enterprise.
· Ability to apply analytical skills to conducting research projects (where applicable).