Biology Learning Outcomes
While at Union, biology students will:
- Master foundational knowledge of modern biology across different levels of organization (e.g., sub-cellular, organismal, population).
- Develop proficiency in the use of laboratory and field techniques and biological instrumentation.
- Learn suitable quantitative and statistical skills to analyze experimental outcomes.
- Access and critically evaluate selected primary and secondary scientific literature in biology.
- Understand the nature of and relationship among scientific theories, hypotheses, models and knowledge (Theories and Models).
- Generate testable hypotheses, design experiments, analyze and display experimental outcomes and draw appropriate conclusions (Hypothesis Testing).
- Communicate effectively in conventional oral and written scientific formats (Communication).
- Develop skills for self-directed study and independent learning.