Economics Learning Outcomes
The economics department seeks six learning outcomes for its students:
- Students will develop a broad awareness of current events, issues, and problems in economics.
- Students will learn to “think like an economist” in posing questions about these events, issues, and problems.
- Students will learn the fundamental tools of economic analysis used to address economic problems.
- Students will learn to apply those tools to the analysis of a range of current economic problems.
- Students will learn to communicate the results of their analyses in written and oral forms.
- Students will develop the ability to learn independently, so as to maintain their knowledge of economics after graduation.