Moving Pages and Files
Pages and Files and even Folders may be moved to other Folders in the CMS.
NOTE: Published pages and files should be "unpublished" before being moved to prevent orphaned files from remaining on the webserver. You can unpublish content from the "Publish" tab by selecting the "Unpublish" radio button before submitting the request.
- Select the desired page/file/folder and click Move/Rename.
- The "Parent Folder" field indicates the current location. Click the Folder Icon or the path.
- Navigate to the desired folder, and click on the folder name to select the new location.
- Click Submit to close the folder chooser.
- Back in the Move/Rename view, click Submit to save to the new location.
- WARNING: You may receive a warning if the page/file/folder is connected to other content.
- If this move affects your sites left navigation you should republish everything just to ensure all of the files are updated correctly for your visitors.