Intellectual Enrichment Grants
IEG grants are awarded to proposals aimed at enhancing our student's intellectual experience outside the classroom. Many types of events and opportunities can be funded through IEG and all members of the campus community are invited to apply. Proposals should focus on creating significant experiences with academic, intellectual, or cultural merit. Purely social events with no intellectual/academic/cultural aspects will not be considered.
Fall Meeting Dates
September 12, September 26, October 10, October 24, November 7, November 21
Tips for increasing your chances of getting approved for an IEG
- Apply to and investigate other sources of funding i.e. Student Activities, Student Clubs, Minervas, UNITAS, Residential Life, et cetera.
- Plan out your event in detail in advance – the better thought out and detailed your proposal is, the more likely you are to receive funding.
Tips for making your event a great success
- Work with Student Activities and the Office of Residential Life – they often have contacts and ways to increase cost effectiveness of the program.
- Plan your event several weeks in advance – to give yourself time to advertise and obtain necessary funding.
- Work with Dean of Students’ office and other sponsoring partners to plan event.
Types of Disbursements
Dining Services – In order to book your event with Dining Services, you must receive a quote to attach to your proposal and provide Dining Services with the IEG number given with approval for IEG funding.
Transfer of Funds – You can submit an account number to the office of the Dean of Students and funds will be transferred. Stipulations regarding this form of disbursement require that exact amounts can be provided and receipts obtained.
Credit Cards – Credit cards will be available for students to use in paying for the necessary expenditures necessary for successful completion of the event. All original receipts and credit cards must be returned 24hours after receiving them.