The Systems Unit in the Schaffer Library is responsible for making sure the acquisition and deployment of technology throughout the library is done in a manner that best serves the mission of Schaffer Library within the larger context of Union College. The Systems Librarian is involved in all the various stages of technology implementation from initial project planning, specification of hardware and software, purchase, installation, development of software applications, and ongoing maintenance and support.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support for the Integrated Library System.
- Deployment and development of new software to support the library's mission.
- Maintenance and development of the library's web catalog.
- Support for the development of the library's web site.
- Instructional support for the use of software.
- The proper functioning of all computer equipment and peripherals.