Processing Bound Volumes Returned From the Bindery
- Unpack boxes and arrange bound volumes in alphabetical order and volume order (within each
title). You may need more than one cart.
- Check volumes received against the "Library Copy" slips to make sure that spine information is
correct and any special instructions were followed by the binder. There should be one slip for
each volume. (some slips may say Library copy 2)
- Check quality: open covers, check end pages and examine edges for uniformity. If there is any
problem, let your supervisor know.
- Stamp volumes after quality check on the blank page on the inside cover.
- Shelve volumes in the basement
- File new preprinted slips from bindery in boxes on shelf in bindery area or leave them in the box labeled "need to be filed".