- Sorting the library mail is the top priority of all tasks.
- Bring an empty book truck and the mailroom key (in Periodicals Assistant’s cubicle) to the mailroom.
- Mail is sorted into five separate categories:
- Government Documents (Gov Docs)
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- All Library People/Staff (individual staff in Schaffer Library, Writing Center, and Instructional Technology).
- Sort mail into these 5 categories and deliver to appropriate departments:
- Interlibrary Loan – main floor behind circulation desk
- Gov Docs – main floor behind circulation desk
- Staff – 3rd floor administrative office on the chair in front of secretary’s desk
- Acquisitions mail stays in the ***mailroom (except for envelopes which go in staff mail)
- Periodicals – bring to periodicals workstation area
***Packages from book publishers (e.g. Midwest, Blackwells, Gale Group, etc.) are marked “Acquisitions Dept.”. Place these packages on the counter in the mailroom.
- Call x6277 if there are any huge packages which are too big to be delivered (e.g. computer monitors, projection screens).
- Put any misdirected mail into Campus Mail or U.S. Mail basket.
- Stack all empty mail bins on the bottom shelf of the bookcase in the mailroom.
- When mail is done, return key to the hook.