Stamping and Security Stripping
- Make sure the date on the Union College ownership stamp is correct.
- Stamp the date on the front cover and on the first or second page of each journal.
- Stamp newspapers on the front page of each of the major sections.
- Place stamps on the microfilm boxes or microfiche envelopes.
- Place a security strip inside each issue of journals. For loose issues, use the green double sided strips; use white single sided strips for bound volumes.
- Place the strip in the margin close to the spine. Do not cover text.
- Do not strip on a tear-out sheet or card.
- Do not strip newsletters or anything with holes.
- The only newspaper that needs security stripping is Wall Street Journal. Place a security strip in the Money and Investing section of the paper.