If necessary, remove packaging, shrink wrap, etc. from CD-ROM. Separate but retain informative packaging or documentation. Discard shrink wrap.Instructions:
Place clear Compact Disc Security Overlay Label on CD-ROM:
- Center clear overlay on label side of CD-ROM, positioned so strips are horizontal, and hold firmly in position.
- Lift smaller portion of overlay and bend it back while removing the liner.
- Roll the adhesive surface of overlay onto CD-ROM – carefully!
- Remove liner from large portion of overlay and roll overlay onto CD-ROM.
- Rub entire surface of overlay to bond it to CD-ROM.
- Security strip and bookplate accompanying guides which will not be staying in the CD-ROM case.
If CD-ROM lacks a standard jewel case:
- Transfer CD-ROM to a "blank" jewel case.
- Modify provided packaging or documentation, if available, to fit in the front and back of the "blank" jewel case.
- If there is no packaging to insert, leave the jewel case blank.
If an accompanying user guide or manual is present:
- Add a bookplate to the guide or manual if practical (i.e., do not bookplate insubstantial or non-book guides.)
- Security strip the booklet.
However, if the CD-ROM is accompanying a monograph, see: Books with Software - Physical Processing Instructions.
Add barcode on the front of the CD-ROM case, in the lower right-hand corner and link CD-ROm to the CNUM. Follow instructions on the InvC slip See Example B below.
If there is an accompanying user guide, then attach the barcode on the inside of the back cover (per standard book processing). Link it per its InvC slip.
Print call number label for the case, adding CNUM to line 7 in the following format, ABC1234 (i.e., all caps, no spaces). See Example B below. If there is no room, type small label for CNUM and attach under call number label.
If there is an accompanying user guide or manual, print and additional call number label for it.
Attach call number label to the front of the CD-ROM case, in the upper right-hand corner. See Example B below.
If there is an accompanying user guide or manual, then attach a pre-printed "Guide Held at Circ Desk" label to the front of the CD-ROM case, in the upper left-hand corner.
Attach the call number label to the back of the guide or manual, in the upper left-hand corner.
Place a CNUM label with the CNUM written on it, on the top surface of the CD-ROM (and the disc number if working with a multiple CD-ROM set), preferably typing the CNUM (and disc number). SeeExample A below.
Arrange CD-ROMs and accompanying manuals in call number order and retain InvC slips.