Save any boxes from single or CD sets (for Bibliographic Instruction Librarian).
Place clear Compact Disc Security Overlay Label on CD:
- Center clear overlay on label side of CD, positioned so strips are horizontal, and hold firmly in position.
- Lift smaller portion of overlay and bend it back while removing the liner.
- Roll the adhesive surface of overlay onto CD – carefully!
- Remove liner from large portion of overlay and roll overlay onto CD.
- Rub entire surface of overlay to bond it to CD.
- Security strip and bookplate accompanying booklets which will not be staying in the CD case, including "loose" booklets laid into double CD cases.
If a CD lacks a library ready jewel case:
- Transfer CD to a "blank" jewel case.
- Modify provided packaging, if available, to fit in the front and back of the "blank" jewel case.
- If a set must be split into multiple jewel cases, copy appropriate graphics from the packaging for them.
- If there is no packaging to insert:
- Find suitable graphics online or create a simple text insert.
- It is helpful to include a contents sheet for the back of the jewel case.
- See Example D below.
If an accompanying booklet is present (which will not be housed in the CD jewel case):
- Add a bookplate to booklet if practical.
- Security strip the booklet.
Add barcode on the front of the CD case, in the lower right-hand corner and link the CD to the item record. Follow instructions on Linking Action slip. See Example A below.
For an accompanying booklet, place the barcode so the bottom edge is approximately 2" from the top, along the right-hand side of the front of the booklet (use a label guide to assist in positioning). See Example E below.
For an oversize booklet, do the same, but for the back of the booklet. See Example F below.
Link the booklet per its Linking Action Slip.
Print call number labels for case and disc (typically 1 each - 2 total), (control numbers are no longer added to the call number labels).
If multiple discs are housed in one case, then print one call number label for the case which lists all discs. Then print call number labels for each disc, editing for each disc number. See Example C below.
If there is an accompanying booklet, access its item record and print an additional label for it.
Attach call number label to the front of the CD case, in the upper right-hand corner. See Example A below.
For all accompanying booklets, attach a pre-printed "Booklet Held at Circ Desk" label to the upper left-hand corner of the CD case. See Example A below.
For regular size booklets, attach call number label to the upper right-hand corner. See Example E below.
For oversized booklets (bigger than jewel case), the call number label should go on the upper right-hand corner of the back-side of the cover. Attach barcode below the call number on the same side. See Example F below.
Place the second call number label on left side of the disc face, between security strips. Do not write on the disc face. See Example B below.
Arrange CD's and accompanying booklets in cutter number order, retaining any Linking Action Slips with the CD's.