Transfer the video and its packaging to a standard video case:
- Slip video out of paperboard slipcase. Open box-top tab at top of slip case. With the front cover facing you, position scissors at open bottom and cut straight up the seam to the right of front cover picture.
- Turn to back cover. Cut off remainder of spine to the left of back cover. Cut off box top and remaining tabs.
- Stick barcode to front-cover-remainder of slipcase. If the video is part of a set, and they arrive with no paperboard covers, print additional paper cover(s) for Multi-part Videos by photocopying the one cover you have from a boxed set or using a word processor.
- Stick a "Do Not Desensitize" label on front cover. See Example A below.
- Slide modified packaging into the outer sleeve of the standard video case.
- Set video into video case.
Affix remaining physical processing labels to video and case:
Link and label videos with call numbers:
- Follow instructions on the Linking Action Slip to link each video to its item record.
- Print call number labels for the case and the video cassette (control numbers are no longer added to the call number labels.
- Attach the call number label to the bottom of the plastic case using the standard "label guide."
(Circulation stores videos spine side down, so the label will be visible from this position.) See Example D below for sample label and placement.
- Place the second call number label on the face of the video cassette.
Treat accompanying user guide or manual, if present:
- If the video has an accompanying user guide or manual, affix a pre-printed "Guide held at Circ Desk" label to the front of the video case. See Example E below.
- For the accompanying user guide or manual:
- Theft strip as usual for books.
- Bookplate the guide or manual if practical (i.e., if it is insubstantial or a non-book, then do not bookplate).
- Attach barcode to the inside of the back cover (standard book processing).
- Link according to the instructions of the Linking Action Slip.
- Place label on the back cover, upper right-hand corner. See Example F below.
Arrange videos and accompanying manuals in call number order and retain any Linking Action slips with their items.