Schaffer Library maintains a course reserve collection as a service to faculty and students. We attempt to make this collection available electronically when possible. All other physical items are kept at the Reserve Desk in Schaffer Library. We will reserve: Schaffer Library books and media (exceptions): personal books and media; and photocopied material. Items are subject to prevailing copyright laws and the fair use doctrine.
Students will access the Reserve Room Search Page through the Schaffer Library Web Catalog. Search is by Professor's last name or course number/name. The Reserve Room Search Page will list all electronic and physical items on Reserve for a particular course.
Please allow two weeks for processing of Reserve Material at the start of each term. Later in the term, please allow 2-3 days for processing. Material submitted on Friday will generally not be available for student use until Monday afternoon.
Reserve Citation Forms: Each item will need a citation form filled out. Click link to access the appropriate .pdf file for the material being reserved. Print out form, complete and submit with the reserve item.
Copyright policy: for information on copyright policy contact Robyn Reed, Head of Access Services.
The Loan period for items shelved at the Reserve Desk is two hours (in-library-use only). Reserved electronic media (videos, DVDs, CDs, or audio cassettes) have a four hour loan period (in-library-use only).
- Statistics will be generated for each item on Reserve and the information sent to the appropriate Professor.
- The cataloged item record will no longer be linked to a course.
- The electronic link will be broken.
- All photocopies and personal material will be returned to the appropriate department.
- All Schaffer Library material will be returned to their places.
- Schaffer Library Journals, Reference material, and items from Special Collections.
- Any material belonging to another library.
- Any video rented from an outside location (i.e. Blockbuster, public libraries, etc).
Students must present a valid College ID to borrow books, photocopies, video and audio tapes, and DVDs from the Reserve Desk.
Some reserve material is available electronically. Click here to enter the online Reserve Room. You will need to accept the copyright statement in order to proceed to a search page. Reserve Room search hints are included. For additional assistance in searching contact the Reference Desk.
Reserve Material may be checked out for two hours ï¿½ in library use only. Alternate loan periods and conditions will be indicated on the appropriate Reserve Item.
- Overdue Reserve Fines - $.50 per half hour (per item)
- Replacement costs - $75.00 per photocopy/audio tape
- $75.00 per book
- $115.00 per video/DVD