Schenectady or Rochester - Posted on: Monday 09/16/13
Performs administrative functions for the management staff within Health Services Department on a daily basis. Handles a variety of clerical, secretarial, and organizational functions. Answers and screens calls. Schedules internal and external meetings with staff and vendors. Organizes and maintains calendars. Records minutes at meetings. Creates and formats documents and reports. Handles check requests and purchase requisitions. Performs and approves time entry including PTO requests. Arranges business travel such as car rental and hotel reservations for management staff as needed. Compiles Check requests as well as prepares expense reports. Maintains and updates organization chart for Health Services. Collaborates emails to staff as requested. Performs filing. Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree strongly preferred or combination of education and experience will be considered
Minimum Experience: Minimum four years experience as an Administrative Assistant or experience in a similar position with administrative assistant duties is required.
- Previous experience required in situations demanding strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, including expert knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Familiarity with RoboHelp a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, able to multi-task, and possess good organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods of time.