Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 12/16/14
The University at Albany seeks a skilled individual that can support software systems by analyzing problems and providing solutions. This individual should be able to develop and modify existing code and be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing. Candidates should possesses the knowledge of software development, practice, concepts and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience. The position resides within the Marketing unit of the Office of Communications and Marketing. The Application Developer works closely with the other members of the Office of Communications & Marketing to achieve the University’s goals and initiatives.
- Supports software systems by analyzing problems and solutions, developing new code, modifying existing code, implementing delivered and custom applications
- Consulting with users to identify current business processes, clarifying program objectives, and actively advising departments as to areas in which applications may be used to enhance efficiency
- Developing project and implementation plans
- Providing expertise in a specific area of software development
- This individual will help in the development of web pages and web applications for pages in the University’s OpenText content management system and html templates.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization; additionally applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Demonstrated professional experience with the following is required:
- Responsive Web Design
Demonstrated professional experience with the following will be helpful:
- Enterprise-level Content Management Systems, especially OpenText/RedDot
- Adobe Phonegap
- JQuery/JQuery Mobile
- XML/JSON structured data
- Mobile website and mobile application development for both iOS and Android platforms
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- MySQL Databases
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- A professional portfolio with links to sites worked and a description of the work involved on each site
- Appropriate professional references with contact information