New York, NY - Posted on: Thursday 06/18/15
FISA is seeking an experienced Applications Developer to support and enhance the Debt Management System (DMS). This application, which serves as the repository of information related to the bonds issued by the City of New York, is built with .NET framework, C#, and SQL Server. The developer is expected to gain proficiency with the DMS application data models and data dependencies so as to provide the best possible assistance to the business users and owners in their data access needs. The successful candidate will design and develop new application modules, database objects/programming, and reports to support the business needs
of DMS and other applications on a similar platform. As an application developer of the DMS team, the candidate will work closely with the business analysts, developers, and database administrators for the ongoing implementation and maintenance of DMS.
Minimum Qual Requirements:
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
This position will report to the DMS team lead with considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment in performing development work. S/he will be a key participant in the on-going progression of DMS architecture, technical design/ re-design, performance tuning, security access, and the continuous improvement of the development process. The candidate should have strong aptitude in understanding business logic in order to effectively collaborate with the business analysts in translating business needs into system designs. Conversely, it is of equal importance for the candidate to understand production codes written by others and be able to articulate such existing functionalities for the business analysts to comprehend.
This individual should have solid experience in performing technical development work with the technology stack currently employed for DMS. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Windows forms and web applications in Visual Studio 2012.
• Net development skills (e.g. C# 4.0, asp.net, .NET framework 4.0 and above)
• MS SQL Server version 2012 or higher with expert level SQL skills (e.g. authoring queries, stored procedures, functions, and performance tuning).
• Custom VBA and macro in Excel.
The selected candidate should possess experience in designing and building applications with object-oriented software development methodologies and SQL Server work. S/he should have deep knowledge of the full application development and deployment life cycle processes. Work experience should reflect proven ability in developing and delivering successful enterprise wide applications and in coordinating such deployments. Should have successful track record in providing timely resolution to issues in the production environment. Good work task organizational skills and detailed follow-through skills.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 196954. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.