Capital Region - Posted on: Tuesday 03/11/14
- Performs various actuarial calculations;
- Creates and maintains databases and queries;
- Reviews labor agreements and determines employee benefit structures;
- Utilizes project management software to keep projects on track;
- Resolves data problems, in consultation with clients;
- Creates drafts of actuarial reports;
- Analyzes health claims data.
Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or Economics with a minor in Mathematics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: At time of appointment, must possess and maintain a valid NYS driver’s license. Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.