Beverly, Massachusetts - Posted on: Thursday 11/07/13
- Assist the Director of Career Services with office operations including career mentoring and professional practices programing.
- Communicate with and counsel students who are actively pursuing for-credit internship opportunities.
- Identify and develop sites in the community where students can work alongside, and learn from,industry professionals.
- Conduct workshops for students preparing for internships and offer guidance on resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Maintain contact with students and site supervisors during the internship to ensure compliance with the college’s learning agreement, contact hours, and Department of Labor regulations.
- Communicate with the internship hosts to ensure that students are meeting their expectations; identify problematic students and provide extra support when appropriate, mediate conflicts
between students and hosts as necessary.
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to help students integrate the internship within their academic education.
- Facilitate Reflection Seminars where students share and distill their experiences with each other.
- 1-3 years of experience with internships, career counseling, or professional level experience in Art, Design, or the Creative industries is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to accomplish multiple tasks, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing, research, and project planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, staff, and faculty at all levels of the college.
- Ability to problem-solve and work effectively without direct supervision.
- Previous teaching experience is a plus, but not required.
- A Master’s Degree in Art or Design, Counseling, Education, or a related field is preferred.
- Extensive professional experience may be substituted for a terminal degree.
Interested candidates Please submit a letter of interest with desired salary range along with a resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Assistant Director of Career Services” To be assured of full consideration, please apply by Monday, November 19, 2013.