Albany, New York - Posted on: Thursday 04/10/14
The University at Albany, a member of the America East Conference, invites applications for a full-time (12-month) position as Associate Head Coach Field Hockey. The Associate Head Coach will assist the Head Coach in all phases of a Division I program and will take on duties of Head Coach in his absence. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes; overall program administration; alumni, community and media relations; practice and game coaching and compliance with University, NCAA and America East Conference rules and regulations.
- A Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Previous successful Division I (or equivalent) collegiate coaching experience (minimum two years), with additional coaching/playing experience at the national team level
- Strong national/international recruiting network is a must.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules are essential.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.