Capital Region - Posted on: Thursday 11/14/13
- Fosters stronger rapport across the BOCES and business community;
- Assists in supporting and enhancing existing programs, e.g. development of technical skills employability profiles for career clusters;
- Encourages new membership and outreach for the CTE Citizens Business Advisory and other advisory boards;
- Coordinates business partnerships for the purpose of expanding and broadening CTE programs;
- Encourages advancement of knowledge and skills to better support learning for underserved populations;
- Identifies innovative ideas for engaging students in experience-based learning;
- Explores how to expand access for more individuals to participate in BOCES programs to advance skills and attain employment;
- Develops programs that include a business plan/entrepreneurship segment as a project and utilizes business partners to provide input;
- Investigates the advancement and use of local resources for program enhancement;
- Assists with marketing and recruitment plans for BOCES;
- Composes correspondence, memoranda and reports as necessary;
- Maintains related files and records.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Master’s Degree in Education, Workforce Education and Career Development, Public Administration or Business Administration; OR,
B. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Board of Regents to grant degrees with an Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Workforce Education and Career Development, Public Administration or Business Administration and one (1) year of paid experience in training and development.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.