East Greenbush, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 11/12/13
This position is responsible for quoting, negotiating, and purchasing materials, equipment, supplies and services in support of XOS operations. This individual will manage internal and external Kanban/ERP systems, supporting strategic sourcing objectives. This role will also help develop supplier improvements in Quality, Delivery, and Cost initiatives. This role will also enhance operations strategies for quality, cost, delivery and innovation.
- Education – Bachelor degree required. Engineering, Supply Chain or other business major preferred.
- Experience –One to three years in supply chain management, purchasing or planning role(s) in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Most Important Competencies Required:
- Effective planning, organization, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Superior global supplier management skills – demonstrated ability to drive significant reductions in cost while maintaining or improving service levels.
- Effective procurement skills
- Outstanding problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Excel and Access
- Ability and experience interfacing at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to articulate clear vision and convey a sense of urgency
- Ability and willingness to lead and work in a matrix organization with direct and indirect reporting relationships.