Oswego, New York - Posted on: Friday 04/11/14
Working with the Director of Career Services and other campus partners, the Career Development Specialist will:
- Plan and execute major career development plans, programs, and career fairs in collaboration with a variety of on/off campus partners;
- Identify, articulate to, and assist students in developing the high demand soft skills needed to prepare for the job search process;
- Collaborate closely with Department of Residence Life relative to presentations and programs in our premier residential on-campus living environment;
- Develop and conduct presentations on a variety of career development related topics; and
- Advise students and alumni through the career development process, with an emphasis on the transition to work or graduate school.
- Master's Degree in student affairs, higher education, counseling, or related field;
- Minimum of two years of experience in college career services or related field;
- Experience in planning and implementing career fairs, networking events, career-related conferences, or career exploration activities with employers;
- Experience in counseling students and/or alumni on job search strategies, assisting with job search documents, and/or developing interviewing skills;
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience in use of social media as a tool to engage students;
- Experience incorporating major technological tools, including web and social media, into the career development process;
- Demonstrated ability in development of professional online and printed resources.
- Experience assisting students in identifying and articulating high demand soft skills to employers