Seattle, Washington - Posted on: Monday 04/07/14
The Client Service Assistant’s primary function is to assist the firm’s financial planning associates with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Onboarding new clients, establishing accounts, and coordinating asset transfers;
- Compiling clients’ financial information into balance sheets, cash flow and tax projections, etc.;
- Monitoring and reviewing client account transactions and other account activities;
- Preparing and implementing investment allocation rebalances (including trading in accounts);
- Drafting, editing and transmitting client communications;
- Coordinating with firm partners and associates, clients, financial custodians and other related professionals to service client accounts and deliver/implement client reports.
We seek candidates who are passionate about financial fitness and literacy. Candidates must have demonstrated an exceptional ability to write, communicate verbally, evaluate and manipulate data, stay organized and work independently in support of a team. Other essential qualities include critical thinking, sociability, poise, creativity, discipline and perseverance.
A bachelor's degree and strong academic performance are prerequisites. A combination of coursework and experience will be considered. An ideal candidate would have a broad foundation in the liberal arts and sciences with coursework and/or experience with finance and capital markets. Work experience in financial planning or asset management is a plus. Applicants without financial industry experience or coursework should have had some coursework requiring demonstrated computational rigor. Facility with Microsoft Excel is required.
Industry qualifications (NASD/SEC series 65 or 7) and/or enrollment in the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®), Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®), or a similar professional certification program, are a plus. Any new graduate will be required to enroll promptly in a course of study for one or more of such designations.