New York, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 03/18/14
External Focus: - Pro-actively lead sales campaigns for new recurring-revenue products. - Work with Account Managers to develop and execute sales strategies for Thomson Reuters accounts. This includes driving cross segment objectives into the overall account strategy to achieve maximum account sales growth - Target enterprise-wide opportunities in new and existing customers - Develop and maintain senior/management level client relationships - Oversee client meetings to carry out product demonstrations and presentations with the objective of winning new business
Internal Focus: - Research and recommend sales campaigns to achieve increased product & market penetration - Ensure the effective handover of accounts to the account management team post set up and closure of a sale - Become a product champion for the segment by being an expert knowledge base of the products that are currently being promoted - Work closely with the Core Product and Marketing team to feed product ideas and provide client feedback. - Maintain a 12-month rolling forecast in excess of assigned quota, linking the segment forecast with the account management forecast. - Maintain accurate customer contact and opportunity data in CRM/Salesforce.com
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years experience selling market data products to Fixed Income Market professionals.
- Specific experience with syndicated loans would be advantageous along with an understanding the financial markets and asset classes.
- Proven track record of meeting sales quotas. Must have strong client relationships and a proven track record of providing a high level of customer service.
- Must have experience identifying and cultivating new accounts and use of prospecting tools
- Must have superior communication and negotiating skills and be a strong team player
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.