New York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 02/06/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Cognos Developer who will develop and maintain reports for the HR Data Warehouse system (CHRMS). The main responsibilities of the CHRMS Developer are to:
- Develop and maintain reports using Report Studio to be presented as options on the CHRMS Portal.
- Develop one-off reports using Report Studio to satisfy specific end-user requirements.
- Contribute to the design and maintenance of the CHRMS Framework Manager Data Models.
- Migrate existing reports from Cognos 8.4 on a Windows platform to Cognos 10.2 on AIX.
- Assist with the Tivoli Directory Server Idap integration with Cognos.
The candidate will work within the development team, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
(1) A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(2) A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
(3) A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
- 3 years of experience using Cognos Report and Query Studio. Cognos 8 or above is preferred.
- Cognos Framework Manager experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Tivoli Directory Services (TDS) is a plus.
- Design and deployment of data warehousing changes and upgrades is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or DB2 SQL.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find root cause for issues and problems.
- Working knowledge on a variety of operating systems (e.g., AIX, Windows, z/OS, etc.) a plus.
- Identify and escalate risks uncovered during testing and suggest remediation actions.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and documenting the impact on the system overall).
- Experience working in a government or civil service environment is a plus. Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience working within a matrix environment.