Kingston, Rhode Island - Posted on: Thursday 04/03/14
- Work collaboratively with the BSPS coordinator, faculty and department chairpersons to continually develop new internship and experiential learning opportunities primarily for BSPS degree candidates.
- Market experiential learning opportunities to both internal (faculty) and external (community) partners.
- Facilitate integration of experiential learning into courses.
- Establish relationships with all internship placement site supervisors, including supervision assessment and continued development of internships.
- Provide group and individual career and internship advising, and teach associated professional seminars (e.g. BPS 250 and ITR 300 level; 1-3 credits) for students completing service learning, practica, and internships.
- Plan, implement and host annual career day.
- Design, develop, market and present educational programs and assessments specific to the professional needs of college students (undergraduate) and alumni.
1) Master's degree, preferably in higher education or in a degree relevant to health related sciences;
2) A minimum of two years of experience (full or part-time, professional and graduate work included) working with students in career-related advising capacity or in experiential learning in higher education, or 4 years of similar experience in college relations (recruiting or programming).
3) Demonstrated experience in experiential education coordination.
4) Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
5) Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
6) Demonstrated evidence of excellent skills in writing, speaking, and working with students.
7) Demonstrated experience teaching in-class or on-line (e.g. SAKAI).
8) Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.