New York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 09/25/13
Because of the firm’s cutting-edge corporate practice, the corporate paralegals at Cleary Gottlieb are exposed to a wide variety of complex corporate transactions and work with some of the
most knowledgeable attorneys in the country. As a result of the firm’s leading international practice especially in Latin America – corporate paralegals will be exposed to the latest cross-border transactions.
In addition to challenging work, the corporate paralegal experience at Cleary Gottlieb offers an excellent educational experience for those interested in pursuing law school.
The corporate paralegals are expected to be able to work independently and equally well as part of a team with a strong sense of loyalty towards co-workers, superiors, and staff. The corporate
paralegals work under the direct supervision of the attorneys and are expected to provide assistance on a vast array of projects and tasks, which include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in due diligence investigations
- Preparation of basic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other governmental agencies
- Preparation for and attendance at closings of various transactions, including assisting the client and attorneys during the closing; and preparation of closing binders to be sent to the client and other involved parties
- Liaison between attorneys and various state agencies and services
- Preparation and filing of certificates of incorporation, by-laws, resolutions, and foreign qualifications of companies
- Translation of foreign language correspondence and documents (subject to the paralegal’s ability) and occasional interpretation for foreign clients attending closings
- Performing cross-reference checks
- Bachelor’s degree required (minimum GPA of 3.3)
- Portuguese speaker preferred
- Must be willing to make a two-year commitment
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Must be collaborative with the ability to leverage resources and tools to accomplish objectives
- Excellent time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- Professional and positive demeanor
To be considered, please send cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript to: email@example.com. While we would like to respond to all resumes, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.