New York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 03/19/14
Advisen generates, integrates, analyses and communicates unbiased, real-time insights for the global community of commercial insurance professionals. As a single source solution, Advisen helps the insurance industry to more productively drive mission-critical decisions about pricing, loss experience, underwriting, marketing, transacting or purchasing commercial insurance. Advisen's data, analytics and news services are game-changers for more than 150,000 professionals. Visit us at www.advisen.com.
Advisen seeks a Data Analyst that will:
- Master Advisen’s information infrastructure in particular its data capture methodologies and key relationships among its principle datasets.
- Demonstrate a commitment to data quality and show initiative in improving the accuracy, consistency and completeness of Advisen’s information assets.
- Turn business questions into functional analysis in a manner that displays an understanding of the business context and importance of various datasets and elements.
- Develop queries, data extracts, statistical analyses and reporting as key components of product & project initiatives that support the company’s strategic objectives.
- Independently interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining.
- Quality checks all queries, quantitative and statistical analyses to ensure the accuracy and validity of approach.
- Understand the results of all data analyses and be able to communicate these results and any associated recommendations to Product Managers and Senior Management.
- Work with data vendors, clients, and global internal teams.
- Leverage prior experiences and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Optimize Advisen’s service delivery in terms of quality, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
- Prioritize tasks, working under time constraints, and adhering to deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge and experience in writing simple to moderately complex SQL queries
- Experience with Oracle & PL/SQL is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Critical thinker and problem-solver capable of strict attention to detail
- Superior organization, documentation, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Motivated self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team