Schenectady, New York - Posted on: Friday 03/21/14
Under the direction of the: Manager – Desktop Support: Installs desktop hardware and software and performs routine equipment maintenance. Works closely with users to
troubleshoot and resolve software/hardware problems. Logs all incidents and troubleshooting details in Remedy. Maintains desktop asset records and assists with the equipment procurement process. Participates in planning and
implementation of desktop PC upgrades and related corporate projects. Maintains the company’s PC images, antivirus system, software update system, and related activities. Assists in developing new policies and procedures related to
managing MVP’s desktop environment. Writes procedural documentation and trains other technical support staff and users. Interacts with networking, telecom, production support, and staff from other IT groups in resolving complex
technical issues. Submits regular status reports to management. Occasional travel to MVP regional offices is required. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years experience deploying and maintaining PC’s, printers, peripherals and desktop software in an enterprise environment.
- Proven ability to support users with both routine and advanced technical issues in a Windows 2000 / Windows XP / HP / Citrix environment required.
- Experience with Remedy or a similar trouble ticketing application.
- Ability to actively participate in corporate projects and ensure that desktop technical components are handled effectively.
- Ability to create and update technical documents and train users; experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Should have a passion for change management as well as documentation.