Albany, New York - Posted on: Tuesday 03/04/14
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Development for Rockefeller College is responsible for designing and executing solicitation strategies to secure gifts of $25,000+ from alumni and friends of the University at Albany, with special responsibility for securing gifts to the University’s Rockefeller College. The director will also increase the number of Rockefeller College graduates who are members of the 1844 Society, which recognizes donors of $1,000+ to the University.
The director will manage a portfolio of 50 - 100 prospects, developing and nurturing relationships with them for the benefit of the University. The director identifies new prospective donors; ensures assigned prospects are properly stewarded after making gifts; and helps coordinate special projects and events in support of fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- At least 3 years development experience in annual, major, or planned gifts
- Proven ability to qualify, cultivate and solicit high level prospects, and steward donors
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, manage multiple projects and take initiative
- A proven ability to work in a complex higher education environment coupled with a healthy sense of humor
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups of people
Experience as a fundraiser in a complex higher education environment