Potsdam, New York - Posted on: Monday 04/07/14
Serve as a key policymaker on Office of Philanthropy leadership team for University advancement:
- Oversee corporate and foundation fundraising program;
- Supervise staff;
- Review, analyze, and provide guidance on opportunities to develop and submit proposals to corporations, foundations and other organizations;
- Using market segmentation and strategic business review, provide program direction to further expand the University’s presence and visibility among constituencies;
- Develop business relationships;
- Draft and present plans to current and prospective University corporate donors;
- Prepare and edit program publications and web site content for internal and external dissemination;
- Travel a significant amount of time to solicit corporate and foundation leaders;
- Draft funding proposals;
- Negotiate terms of gift/grant agreements;
- Prepare and submit annual stewardship reports for grant-funded initiatives and endowed funds.
Master’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, or a related field plus 10 years of progressive experience in strategic planning, business market review/analysis, development of proposals, negotiation, and program management. In lieu of a Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree will be acceptable with 15 years of progressive experience in areas such as strategic planning, business market review and analysis, development of proposals, negotiation, and program management.
POSITION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Creating operating plans;
- Making presentations;
- Researching grant/investment opportunities
- Writing/Approving grant proposals, press releases, stewardship reports and correspondence;
- Willingness to travel extensively to meet with prospects and donors;
- Collaborating with faculty, program administrators and subject-matter experts;
- Arranging professional meetings with corporate and foundation representatives;
- Conducting face-to-face solicitations;
- Supervising staff.
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Strong, persuasive communication skills;
- Personal initiative to proactively seek out new projects and meet deadlines;
- Knowledge of proposal and program budgeting and implementation;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to diverse groups of stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Include Education, Experience, and Skills - Prefer previous experience in higher-education, or in a funding role at a foundation, corporation or other organization.