New York, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/31/14
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Director of Computer Operations reporting directly to the Assistant Executive Director of Computer Operations. The Computer Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing as well as giving direction of all production processing, print room activity and report distribution for a 7x 24 Data Center. The manager must also coordinate vendor maintenance repairs on main and peripheral equipment within computer operations. In addition to overseeing with shift manager scheduling of work, training and establishing procedures he will also assist with the following:
- Scheduling install/uninstall of computer hardware.
- Ensuring all payroll printing is completed and accurate.
- Ensuring all Pension checks and quarterly statements are printed and inserted correctly for mailing.
- Working closely with upper management keeping them informed of any abnormal conditions concerning Production.
- Knowledge of IBM Z series mainframe.
- Knowledge of TSO.
- Familiarity with Tape Auto Library (IBM Preferred).
- Familiarity with large laser Ricoh/OCE printers and RSI equipment.
- Experience with UNIX Systems a plus.
- 10+ years managing large scale Data Center Operations.
- Knowledge of Neopost check inserter a plus.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, and to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.