Albany, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 03/26/14
“New York is not about the buildings, it’s not about the land – what makes New York so special is the people.” “At the end of the day, we are one. We are upstate, we are downstate, but we are one. That is E Pluribus Unum, out of many: one. It’s the founding premise, the enduring promise. It’s the promise that we inherited from our parents, and the promise of New York that we’re going to pass on to our children. The promise, my friends, that we are going to make a reality in this great state working together.” Andrew M. Cuomo - Governor, State of the State 2014.
Rewarding careers in Public Service start here. New York State employees serve more than 18 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. New York State offers comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the State of New York, you join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
New York is energized by a new strength and New York is building on success, be part of this bright future!
The Office of General Services Design and Construction Group (D&C) seeks a Director of Construction to lead the group into the “New NY”. The Director of Construction provides overall leadership and direction for all construction management services undertaken by D&C, and is ultimately responsible for
the overall work produced by the Division of Construction.
The Director of Construction:
- Acts as an organizational change agent demonstrating effective leadership, steering overall direction, philosophy,improvement initiatives and staffing allocation in conjunction with D&C executive management;
- Prepares recommendations on policy and procedural matters which affect other divisions in D&C and other State Agencies;
- Exhibits a high degree of passion, integrity, diligence and professionalism in interacting and consulting with others both within D&C and with outside partners;
- Provides the necessary executive direction to ensure that D&C Division of Construction personnel develop and maintain expertise;
- Develops and implements innovative and effective strategies for improvement of construction timeliness, cost containment, and quality product delivery;
- Oversees and ensures the effectiveness of the Emergency contracting process including responding, bidding and execution;
- Ensures that the Division of Construction is aligned with industry best practices.