Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 03/09/15
The School of Business at the University at Albany seeks an energetic, highly motivated, results-oriented individual to lead employer relations responsibilities within the school. The Director of Employer Relations will be charged with developing an aggressive campaign of cultivating new and existing employer relationships within the Northeastern part of the United States, with the goal of creating and enhancing new internship and full-time employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Special focus must be given to the New York City Metro area where the majority of our students seek employment. The Director will develop and maintain an employer database for tracking and maintaining information on job and internship opportunities for students. The Director will work closely with the Director of Career Services to coordinate campus interviews, hold mock interview clinics, develop and host recruiting events, and conduct resume and career related workshops. The Director will report to the Associate Dean and work closely with faculty, the universities development officers to expand and leverage alumni and corporate contacts.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the business field with good understanding of employment opportunities in the areas of accounting, finance, ITM, marketing and management
- Proven track record of success in cultivating business contacts and new relationships
- Ability to help and interact effectively with graduate and undergraduate students regarding career options and networking
- Strong ability to implement strategic plans with specific goals and objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the job search process for business careers
- Ability to work effectively with alumni, professional staff, and senior leadership
- Frequent travel to NYC and the downstate area
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).