Albany, New York - Posted on: Friday 11/15/13
The Director of Regional Volunteerism is a new position, reporting directly to the CEO. The organization is seeking strong candidates for the position who believe in the power of volunteerism, have a strong background in the development and execution of action plans, can demonstrate ties to the region and exhibit highly developed technical skills for tracking and reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and Executing a multi-year plan of action for Volunteer recruitment and placement that establishes a broader footprint in the eight counties we serve including: Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Columbia, Greene, Saratoga, Warren and Washington.
- Creating a system for gathering and reporting all statistical information in an efficient and timely manner to comply with all expectations of grantees.
- Coordinate with colleagues in other regions and at the state level.
- Representing The Volunteer Center at state meetings and traveling throughout the Capital Region to recruit new volunteers and volunteer agencies.
- Working with the Executive Director to establish a framework of introducing the concept to business, nonprofit, and public/private thought leaders of the region.
- Reporting progress as requested internally and externally.
- Complying with basic budget and financial tracking volunteer data.
- Background in volunteer recruitment/management/placement and /or nonprofit or corporate social responsibility.
- Strong communications skills including writing for all mediums and public speaking.
- Excellent data collection, database management and computer skills. Knowledge of SalesForce and HandsOn Connect a plus. Will train.
- Basic knowledge of programmatic budget planning and tracking.
- Own car and have New York State Driver’s License and willing to travel.