Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 09/23/15
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Education Specialist position located in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties: Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position delivers traditional and non-traditional education and training programs and supports program and NYS policy initiatives as assigned. Duties include, but are not limited to: delivering classroom training throughout NYS; delivering virtual classroom training using e-learning technology; updating, maintaining, and developing instructional materials (print and electronic); and performing research for and assisting in the design of curriculum, related materials, and visual aids for a variety of performance-based training. Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Fulltime position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel regularly throughout NYS, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
Salary Range: Low to mid $40's
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field, and one year of experience working in a social services setting or in the delivery of adult training programs.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, group facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to research subject matter, review program evaluation data, prepare an analysis of data gathered and assembled, and prepare training curricula and materials.
4. Working knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods.
5. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
6. Strong attention to detail.
7. Strong team and customer orientation.
8. Demonstrated ability to coordinate activity with colleagues in a positive manner and effectively work independently as well as with teams under supervision.
9. Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer, and document and presentation templates.
10. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
11. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
12. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field.
2. Three years of experience delivering training to adults.
3. Specific knowledge of, or experience in the delivery of, public welfare programs: especially Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, HEAP, or Child Support Enforcement; or the administrative/fair hearings process, welfare fraud investigations, or audit/quality improvement initiatives.
4. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and e-learning technology.
5. Experience working within a state or county social services agency.
Applicants must provide with their resume a writing sample (approximately 3 pages in length), such as a report, curriculum, or memorandum for which the applicant was the primary author. Applicants selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an assignment and present their assignment outcome/project to the search committee. Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be low to mid $40’s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=63626 Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.