Schenectady, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/10/14
- Responsible for screening uninsured patients to see if they may qualify for government sponsored health insurance programs by conducting face-to-face interviews with patients/parents and assisting with the required application/s.
- Assists all clients with enrollment in the NYS Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Responsible for reviewing the provider schedules in advance to prepare for new/uninsured patients
- Responsible for tracking and reporting the client enrollment process.
- Assists with procuring required documentation, as needed, to ensure completeness of applications.
- Follows up on any application that is inaccurate or incomplete and works to implement corrective action.
- Assists in outreach program activities as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains working knowledge of all applicable insurance programs/plans and provides education to clients.
- Is available for flexible work hours.
- Works to meet all required deadlines as required by the project operating protocol.
- Accurately inputs all necessary information into the database program.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other staff, patients and providers.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and provides high quality customer service.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- High School Education or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to be a conscientious, dependable team player.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency is required.
- Some travel may be required