Somerville, MA - Posted on: Wednesday 01/21/15
Triumvirate Environmental is the fastest-growing environmental management firm on the east coast. Triumvirate provides leading institutions in the higher education, life sciences, healthcare, and industrial sectors with diverse services and advice to assist them with compliance management. At Triumvirate, we strive to WOW both our employees and our customers. Our unique culture fosters growth, development, education, and creativity.
Build your career in the growing environmental services industry with Triumvirate as an entry-level Environmental Specialist, and find out why we were voted one of the "Best Places to Work" by the Boston Business Journal!
You have the talent and motivation, but you need a team that is committed to helping you succeed- a team that is as dedicated to its employees as it is to its customers! We don’t just promise growth opportunity, we create it through employee training, and mentoring!
Essential responsibilities and duties include:
- Work in teams to perform lab pack services including chemical segregation, packing, and disposal
- Perform chemical inventories
- Perform audits and inspections of facilities and laboratories
- Assist management in developing top accounts and devising standard operating procedures
- Demonstrate supervisory leadership skills through interactions with team members
- Develop an understanding of OSHA regulations as well as Triumvirate’s Health and Safety Practices
- Obtain knowledge of technical, customer service, and business components of environmental services
- Commit to achieving the goals outlined in the Environmental Specialist Advancement Program
- Learn and work with, computerized waste tracking system
Upon completion of emergency response (ER) training, all Environmental Specialists will be on a rotating ER team; requirements include wearing pagers 24 hours a day during their ER week. In addition, the position includes the daily need to lift items that weigh up to 75 lbs and to operate commercial motor vehicles.
Most important responsibility:
- WOW! Internal and external customers
- BS/BA in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, or Safety and Occupational Health preferred, but all majors are welcome to apply
- Submission of college transcript
- Determination/eagerness to learn about the environmental health & safety field
- Ability to work as a team player
- Leadership experience/potential
- Creativity in solving unique problems
- Successful completion of OSHA/DOT physical examination
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion of 40 Hour OSHA, CPR, and First Aid Training
- Class C CDL