Albany, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 03/26/14
“New York is not about the buildings, it’s not about the land – what makes New York so special is the people.” “At the end of the day, we are one. We are upstate, we are downstate, but we are one. That is E Pluribus Unum, out of many: one. It’s the founding premise, the enduring promise. It’s the promise that we inherited from our parents, and the promise of New York that we’re going to pass on to our children. The promise, my friends, that we are going to make a reality in this great state working together.” Andrew M. Cuomo - Governor, State of the State 2014.
Rewarding careers in Public Service start here. New York State employees serve more than 18 million state residents through a wide variety of occupations. New York State offers comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the State of New York, you join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
New York is energized by a new strength and New York is building on success, be part of this bright future!
The Executive Director acts as an organizational change agent demonstrating effective leadership; steering overall direction, philosophy, and improvement initiatives in conjunction with OGS executives and D&C directors. The Executive Director is responsible for:
- Planning, developing, and supervising the operations of the Business Unit;
- Representing the agency on task forces and making decisions and commitments on behalf of the Business Unit;
- Implementing effective processes for improvement of construction timeliness, cost containment, and product quality; and,
- Exhibiting a high degree of passion, integrity, hard work and professionalism in interacting with and leading members of the group as well as outside entities.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of significant operational and executive leadership in the areas of construction management and design. Leadership experience within an ISO certified organization a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field minimum; Master’s degree preferred.
- Well-organized, mission-focused leader who exhibits in their body of work a commitment to integrity and results-based performance.
- Demonstrated success in the transformational management of a large, diverse organization of practicing licensed professionals.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment; leading and proactively managing work streams.
- Demonstrate strong skill sets in the following areas: executive leadership, senior project management, negotiation, analytics, critical thinking, crisp verbal and written communication skills.