Latham, NY - Posted on: Monday 06/29/15
Do these words describe you…Passionate. Professional. Collaborative. Customer-centric. Community Oriented. Entrepreneurial?
The Principal Financial Group® is growing and is looking for achievement-driven professionals who want to give and receive more value from their career. As a Financial Representative, you will work with clients to strategically map out their goals and develop a financial strategy to help them achieve what matters most.
We need leaders who want to help business owners, employees of growing businesses and their families get more out of life. This opportunity allows you to use your entrepreneurial spirit and experience the rewards of higher income potential and freedom of time.
Our mission is to be the premier financial services provider in each community we serve by helping make financial goals a reality for businesses and individuals. Our associates strive to provide the highest caliber of expertise, integrity, financial products and services.
We have a proven process that will launch your career through a comprehensive development program, local mentoring, and the processes that can help you be successful. You will start as an employee with a base salary plus the ability to earn a performance-based bonus. Over time you will transition into an independent, fully-commissioned, financial sales professional with The Principal®.
For high achievers with demonstrated leadership skills we offer an optional leadership development track. Through personalized development this track provides the knowledge and skills you need to move into a full-time management position, when the time is right.
Through this opportunity, we offer:
- Comprehensive training & development program to provide intensive support during your transition into the career as well as individualized supervision on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Full benefits package including pension plan and 401(k) plan and a compensation package including start-up financial assistance for individuals who are new to the industry.
- Transitional 4 year graded expense allowance that rewards your performance
- A success oriented, positive working environment and joint work culture
- Opportunity to serve small/medium businesses as well as individuals
Successful candidates will have:
- More than 5 years of related full-time work experience required such as sales, sales management, leadership, education or coaching, financial services or military service or Bachelor’s degree with proven achievement in leadership, academics and extracurricular activities.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Must have or be willing to obtain Life and Health insurances license, as well as FINRA 6 and 63 or 66 registrations (based on state requirements)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Established or natural relationships within the community for natural market penetration
- High level of motivation to build professional and financial success
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An ethical and client focused mentality
- Current valid driver’s license required