Asbury Park, New Jersey - Posted on: Monday 11/11/13
- Responsible for building and leading a high performance, local inside sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to small-mid size businesses.
- Ensures that the inside sales team consistently present products and services appropriate to clients needs.
- Constantly monitor the health of the relationship between the sales rep and the client.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance for the sales effort including day-to-day management of accounts.
- Responsible for the implementation of sales strategies and department procedures.
- Prepare and manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve targets.
- Improve quality and reduce defects with a plan of continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of products, services, ad content and layout
- Establish promotional and sales efforts for growing advertising revenues and increasing market share.
- Identify regional competitive threats and create promotional packages to overcome competition
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships with advertisers
- Provide coaching and feedback for sales staff to support talent development and ensure they meet sales goals, control expenses and achieve departmental budget.
- Participate in sales calls with sales staff to ensure that sales reps are properly executing training knowledge and meeting the customer’s needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or related Master’s achievement is preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of sales experience required including 2-3 supervisory experience in newspaper and/or media advertising sales.
- Exceptional coaching skills
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers
- Experience negotiating multi-market and multi product advertising contracts is a plus
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications