New London, New Hampshire - Posted on: Thursday 05/15/14
Supports the operations of the internship and career development programs in the following ways:
Internship Program - 60%
- Serves as the primary Colby-Sawyer contact for host internship sites, student interns and faculty supervisors and are familiar with the policies regarding internships.
- Provides information and paperwork to students who contact the Center about internships.
- Discusses internship program with potential sites.
- Supervises in the maintenance of the internship database and hardcopy records detailing site information and student placement.
- Signs off on completed Internship Contracts.
- Coordinates with the Registrar's office to ensure that both offices have accurate information on current internships.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures related to the internship program.
- Manages and maintains internship evaluation data for assessment and program reviews.
- Develops and updates related internship forms, paperwork and web-based information.
- Develops a formal line of communication with the academic departments to promote internship opportunities and career guidance for students.
- Develops strong visible ties with the local, state, national and international business communities to promote more internship opportunities for the students.
- Ensures NH internship sites that offer unpaid internships are in compliance with the NH Department of Labor.
Career Counseling/Programming – 40%
- Assists students in clarifying academic and career goals through individual career counseling.
- Provides overview of and administer career assessment resources.
- Assists students in using career resources on the web.
- Participates in the design and delivery of internship/career-related workshops, programs and panels.
- Helps students develop and refine resume writing, interviewing and job-search skills.
- Develops and delivers workshops and career-related programs, including new initiatives on how to best utilize technology for career discovery/job-search purposes.
- Assists with the planning and promotion of career and academic advising department to students, alumni, faculty and employers through wide-array of marketing efforts.
- Assists with the updating of existing marketing materials and/or development of new materials.
- Assists the director in developing new career resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to accept responsibility and work independently with little supervision using initiative and sound judgment.
- Ability to function effectively in team settings.
- Thorough knowledge and mastery of Microsoft Office, website, and database development software.
- Available to work evenings or weekends to support department/college special events.
Noncompliance with the following instructions may result in disqualification. E-mail your cover letter, résumé and three professional references to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu. We strongly prefer that you combine all three items into a single attached file in portable document format (.pdf). In the subject line of your e-mail, please write the job title exactly as it appears at the start of this posting. Although we have asked you to include your references, we will not contact anyone until after we have conducted initial interviews and obtained your consent. Due to the volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries about your application. You should receive an automated reply after you send your e-mail. If you don't, please check your e-mail spam filter.