New York, New York - Posted on: Wednesday 03/26/14
The New York County District Attorney's Office has an opening for an Investigative Analyst position in its Violent Criminal Enterprises Unit. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Within team concept, work closely with Assistant District Attorneys and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies in long term investigations and prosecutions of violent organized crime, including street gangs, major narcotics dealers, interstate gun traffickers, and gang related homicides.
- Assist prosecutors in developing conspiracy prosecutions.
- Perform in-depth computer searches of investigative targets.
- Collect and analyze data relevant to specific unit investigations and cases.
- Create spreadsheets, charts and other exhibits for investigative use, Grand Jury and trial preparation.
- Organize and coordinate wiretap evidence.
- Work directly and independently with police detectives and federal agents.
- Perform other administrative and paralegal duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One year experience preferred, either as a paralegal in the criminal justice field or experience conducting online research or other work in social media.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments required.
- Ability to think and perform in a highly stressful and fast paced environment required.
- Exceptional communications skills are required; the ability to communicate investigative results to other team members and to testify in court regarding investigative results is also required.
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Internet based research.
- A commitment to at least one year is required.