New York, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 03/31/15
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Linux Systems Administrator to support ongoing production maintenance and enhancement to various HR/Payroll applications.
This role will be a technical position responsible for the installation, maintenance and configuration of the servers supporting infrastructure of critical citywide applications including NYCAPS, CityTime, PMS and PPMS. This person will function as the technical administrator for the group and work with various teams, and will need to have ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Years of experience in AIX 6.1/7.I.
- Years of experience in Solaris 10/11.
- Strong experience in RHEL 6 Linux administration, performance tuning and support experience.
- Strong experience with configuring Red Hat Satellite, Kickstart servers, Identity Management.
- Perform OS upgrades and patch installations.
- Strong Shell scripting (bash/ksh, PERL, Python).
- Understanding of Yum and RPM and how to create application repositories and synchronization of application repos.
- Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate and maintain systems.
- Deep ESXi and Linux systems experience including capacity planning, advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting, and performance management.
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup. VMware NetBackup implementation experience a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol, Tivoli Monitoring.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA) desired.
For more information or to apply, visit FISA's job database and search job #187575