New York, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/31/14
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) bas a vacancy for a Mainframe System Programmer who will support the IBM mainframe computer system and the DB2 subsystem. Primary responsibility under the direction of the Mainframe Systems Director is to support the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems and related program products including DB2.
- 10+ years experience working with z/OS, SMP/E, TSO, DB2 and program product installations.
- Experience in the installation, migration and configuration of DB2.
- Experience in using tools such as MAINVIEW, FILEAID/DB2 and DB2ADMIN tool.
- Experience with QMF.
- Experience with the WEB SPHERE Replication Server (Data Propagator).
- Working knowledge of CICS and IMS is a plus.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation
- The ability to work as part of a group and individually
- The ability to keep up with changing technology.
- Must be reliable, honest and technically inclined.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies which the candidate may have no experience with.