New York, New York - Posted on: Monday 03/31/14
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Mainframe System Programmer who will provide support of the IBM mainframe computer system and related software and subsystems. Primary responsibility under the direction of the Mainframe Systems Director is to support the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems and related program products including: UNIX Systems Services. In addition, the candidate must have experience with VT AM and TCP/IP, The candidate will be required to support, maintain and install the above products.
- 10+ years' experience working with z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, IOCP/HCD, major program product installations, working knowledge of the IBM virtual tape system and Unix System Services.
- Working knowledge of CICS, IMS, DB2 and AFP printing is a plus.
- Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation.
- The ability to work as part of a group and individually.
- The ability to keep up with changing technology.
- Must be reliable, honest and technically inclined.
- Must be willing to learn new technologies which the candidate may have no experience with.