New York, New York - Posted on: Friday 11/15/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Mainframe Systems Programmer who will provide support of the IBM mainframe computer system and related software and subsystems. Primary responsibilities will be to hire a z/OS systems programmer in the System Services group who has in-depth experience with the mainframe z/OS operating system, its subsystems and related program products including: VTAM, TCP/IP, UNIX Systems Services, and performance/tuning and the IBM VTS/native tape subsystems. The candidate will be required to support, maintain and install the above products.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- 10+ years experience working with z/OS, JES2, SMP/E, TSO, IOCP/HCD, program product installations, working knowledge or the IBM virtual tape system and Unix System Services.
- Working knowledge of CICS, IMS, DB2 and AFP printing is a plus.
- Experience in using monitoring tools such as OMEGAMON.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementation.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- The ability to work as part of a group and individually.
- The ability to shuffle priorities in response to a changing workload.
- The ability to keep up with changing technology.
- Must be reliable, honest and technically inclined.