New York City, NY - Posted on: Monday 10/06/14
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Manual Tester to support ongoing production maintenance and functional enhancement to the various supported systems: Timekeeping (CityTime), HR and Benefits (NYCAPS), Payroll Management System (PMS), Retiree Payroll Management System (PPMS) and City Human Resource Management System (CHRMS).
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, maintain and execute test scripts for system, functional, stress, regression, smoke, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues.
- Sanity check, system integration testing, and regression testing in JAVA based application.
- Design, develop and maintain high-quality data-driven modular test scripts.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, including or supplemented by twenty-four (24) semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time software experience in designing, programming, debugging, maintaining, implementing, and enhancing computer software applications, systems programming, systems analysis and design, data communication software, or database design and programming, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six (6) years of full-time satisfactory software experience as described in “1" above, including one year in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project; or
- A satisfactory combination of education and experience that is equivalent to (1) or (2) above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in (2) above on the basis that sixty (60) semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. A masters degree in computer science or a related computer field may be substituted for one year of the required experience in (1) or (2) above. However, all candidates must have a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent, plus at least one (1) year of satisfactory full-time software experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project.
- NOTE: In order to have your experience accepted as Project Leader or Major Contributor experience, you must explain in detail how your experience qualifies you as a project leader or as a major contributor. Experience in computer operations, technical support, quality assurance (QA), hardware installation, help desk, or as an end user will not be accepted for meeting the minimum qualification
Note: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level IV, in addition to the Qualification Requirements stated above, individuals must have one year of satisfactory experience in a project leader capacity or as a major contributor on a complex project in data administration, database management systems, operating systems, data communications systems, capacity planning, and/or on-line applications programming.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining automated QTP scripts.
- Extensive experience in creating functions, keywords and actions in Visual Basic (VB) scripting for new features and enhancements.
- Extensive experience using HP Quality Center (All modules), mapping Requirements to the Test Cases and Defects.
- Experience using IBM Rational Suite (Clear Case, Clear Quest etc.)
- QA experience using manual and automated testing tools and processes to perform functional, regression and performance testing.
- Strong SQL knowledge to write complex queries and working knowledge of Database concepts like indexes, database logs, stored procedures etc.
- Knowledge in SQL, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP Quality Center (QC) and Clear Quest. Experience in Clear Case and Cognos is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Software Life Cycle, ability to understand and transform business requirements and technical designs into the test cases.
- Experience with internet/web application, client/server application and system implementations.
- Ability to work in a highly agile environment and work on multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coordinate and develop detailed test plans, coordinate with design, development and implementation plans that present testing deliverables, testing schedule, and selected test systems based on the defined product requirements.
- Excellent Communications skills, interpersonal, organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work on projects under stress due to the short deadlines.
- Experience with Time Keeping system testing