New York, New York - Posted on: Thursday 02/21/13
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a Manual Tester to support ongoing production maintenance and functional enhancement to the HR and Benefits functions of PeopleSoft HRMS for the New York City Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), Payroll Management System (PMS), Retiree Payroll Management System (PPMS) and City Human Resource Management System (CHRMS). Under the direction of the Test Lead the Tester will execute test scripts for mainframe fixes and enhancements. Perform system, functional, stress, regression, smoke, integration testing. Track system defects with defect tracking tool and provide supporting reports and documentation. This person will work in various teams, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- 3+ years of experience with DB2 is a must.
- Excellent SQL knowledge is required to perform data mining and conversion analysis.
- 3+ years’ experience creating testing deliverables that include Test Strategies, Cases and Scripts.
- Possess a thorough understanding of development and testing methodologies.
- Experience with ERP Technical Architecture, and blackbox testing.
- Functional knowledge of HR Benefits and Payroll administration processes.
- 3+ years experience testing legacy systems and 3rd party vendor interfaces.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, recreation and documenting the impact on the system overall).
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale implementations.
- Excellent Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- Experience working within a matrix environment.